Sustainability at Sun Rich
Sustainability is far more than a program to us, it’s the way we work.
At Sun Rich, we understand that we’re all connected and need to live in balance. Every day, we care for the communities we work in, the people we work with, and the Earth we work on. We do this by being committed to:
Energy and Waste Reduction
Our processing facilities work constantly to reduce our environmental footprint. We:
- Minimize and re-use water in processing
- Use recycled material in our corrugate packaging
- Recycle and compost waste
- Use energy-efficient lighting and refrigeration wherever possible
- Optimize delivery routes and truck loading for efficient fuel usage
The efforts of our suppliers are equally important, so we choose to work with those who also value sustainability.
- All of our growers and packers are required to follow “Good Agricultural Practices.”
- We support sustainable farming practices.
- We ensure our packaging is made from post-consumer recycled materials when possible.
- We reduced our plastic usage by 20 percent recently by changing our foodservice pail.
Our People and Community
We care for the people we work with and for the communities we are a part of. Our culture, which focuses on our values, continuous improvement and celebrating diversity, is an important factor in our success.
We are proud to provide more than 115,000 servings of fresh fruit per year to local community agencies dedicated to providing food and related assistance to those in need in the communities where we have facilities:
We are also a member of the David Suzuki at Work program and contribute to several sustainability programs through our industry partners and customers.